Followers

Saturday 2 January 2016

Sweet 16

Hi All,
Are you having a good weekend?
I have managed to catch up on a couple of 'crafty things' today so I am starting to feel much happier.
Each year, before Christmas, I have a card to make for my Boss's daughter who this year turned 'Sweet 16'.
Every time he asks if I can make one to include a photograph of her, and each year he forgets to get the photo to me. This year was no exception so I was armed with only her favourite colour as my starting point.
I love to make the patchwork backgrounds, so it seemed a rather good place to start.
I chose some background papers from my stash in matching shades of pink and brown, and used a double sided stick sheet to attach the punched hexagons.
I used some of my Grand Nestie dies to create the main card, and then a selection of dies for the sentiments (Tim Holtz/Sizzix)
individual letters and number (Marianne Collectables),
flowers and leaves (Sue Wilson).
The girls always appreciate their cards, which is nice, because it is almost impossible for them to get anything that has their name on, so this makes it very special.
See, I do have my uses lol.
The same evening I was asked to personalise a photo album as a gift for a 60th birthday, so I used up a little more of the patchwork background and some large die cut numbers.
Off to try and catch up on a couple more bits before I call it a day. I'm on a roll so I don't want to spoil it.
Hugs Kimx

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful Kim lovely detail.
    Happy New Year hun
    Hugs Julie xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a message, it is always greatly appreciated. I will try and get back to you as soon as possible if you have a query
Hugs Kimx