Followers

Tuesday 5 January 2016

Scallops, Curves and Curls at Woodware and a new blog address

Hi All
I think that I may have given Dorothy a bit of a problem with my card for the latest Woodware challenge, which this week is Scallops, Curves and Curls.
I had terrible trouble sending her the photos, and it seems my picture of all the products used never arrived at all which means that she has had to do a bit of educated guessing.
She did a very good job of that by the way lol.
I have used the Crafty Edger cassette Japanese Fan on the white panel.
I sponged the edges of this panel with some Stardust Stickles using a piece of Cut and Dry Felt, it's very subtle and hard to photograph.
The flowers have been made using 3 different sizes of Flower Punch. Nearly right Dorothy :O)
I fastened 3 or 4 punched flowers together with a brad  and then spritzed them with some water and screwed up each layer.
After they have dried out a bit you can move the petals to create fabulous realistic looking flowers.
The 'curls' have been created using an old Artemio stamp set which I stamped and embossed onto acetate using Versamark and Shabby White Frantage Powder.
I picked this idea up off one of the crafting shows on the TV that I saw recently.
I fussy cut, which really doesn't take very long at all, but does make them look like leaves.
Of course, because of the flowers, the card will need a box, so I rustled up one of those. Also very easy to do, even if my friend Gill hates making them lol.
This is just to give you a reminder of some of the products used even if it didn't make it to Dorothy.
I thought that I had broken the Woodware blog, it always seems to breakdown when ever I am due to post on it,  but they have just moved it after it was hacked again before Christmas.
So HERE is the new site where we will be sharing weekly challenges with you.
I am honoured to say that I have been asked to help out on the DT for a while longer, so please stop by and show your support.
Why not FOLLOW them and continue to be inspired by a very talented team.
Hugs and happy crafting.
Kimx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a message, it is always greatly appreciated. I will try and get back to you as soon as possible if you have a query
Hugs Kimx