Followers

Saturday 17 October 2015

Woodware blog - Flourishes

Morning All,
This week Dorothy has challenged the Girls at Woodware to create something with a flourish.
I wasn't sure what to do for this challenge so I thought a good place to start was to type flourish in to the Woodware website to see what it came up with.
Among the goodies with flourish in the title was this fabulous Dreamweaver Christmas stencil Holly Flourish, so as I have it in my stash it seemed like a very good place to start.
First I applied Dreamweaver Embossing paste through the stencil onto a piece of white card stock.
When it was dry I replaced the stencil and added colour using dye based inks with a finger dauber.
I trimmed the panel and distressed the edges with a very old pinecone versacolour cube, before layering it onto a piece of background paper from my Woodware stash.
For the finishing touches I added glossy accents and stardust glitter glue to the berries and tips of the flourishes, and a sentiment from one of Jane's new stamp sets Trio of Trees along with some tiny gold metals.
As usual I got carried away finishing off all the bits and pieces that I was playing with so there are several other cards that I will have to post for you.
I hope that you have enjoyed our Flourishes for this week, and lets hope that the Woodware blog is back up and running again next week.
Have a good weekend.
Happy Crafting and Hugs
Kimx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a message, it is always greatly appreciated. I will try and get back to you as soon as possible if you have a query
Hugs Kimx