Followers

Friday 26 December 2014

Dragonfly Dreaming

Evening Everyone
Are you suitably rested and full of lots more Christmas goodies. It always seems to be one long round of eating doesn't it?
We had another fabulous class at Davina's last week, the final one in 2014. There was plenty of eating done there too lol.
Sue brought along homemade chocolate cupcakes, light as a feather. Sylvie and I provided mince pies, courtesy of MandS and Morrisons I'm afraid, and Mary even provided crackers so we all had to put our hats on as we got creative.
Fun, food, crafting and good company, how much better than that could it get?
I decided that I would give them a very limited choice for once, so I only took one stamp with me.
Well they will get to play with all of Jane's lovely new designs for Woodware as soon as we start back at classes in 2015.
I can't wait as there are some real beauties. But then you would know that already if you have been following  the sneak peeks that Dorothy has been posting daily over at Woodware during the festive period. 
The stamp that I chose is also by Woodware, but was designed by Francoise. 
Once again I let them play with the Gelli Plate, which seems frustratingly to have been out of stock for what seems like ages., dye based inks and bubble wrap. My favourite combo.
This first card was made using a piece of GP background from my ever growing stash. The dragonfly design has been stamped and embossed in white and then sponged with co-ordinating colours of Distress inks. Barn Door, Gathered Twigs and Forest Moss I think.
I painted the dragonfly wings with thin undiluted bleach which has given them a beautiful transparent look.
I added some glossy accents and white faux stitching as well as three fussy cut flowers.
The second card also uses handmade background paper created when cleaning up the bubble wrap - see nothing ever gets wasted.
If you press the inky bubble wrap onto a piece of card or paper it removes most of the surplus ink  and creates lovely background into the bargain. You can do this several times before finally cleaning it with damp kitchen paper, a baby wipe, or even under the tap.
I stamped and embossed in black this time and painted with co-ordinating shades of blue Distress inks.
More fussy cut flowers, faux stitching and some Gelli Roll glaze pen.
No home cooked lunch at work today I'm afraid and customers who really should have stayed at home, but at least I am off now for a couple of days before we start all over again for the New Year celebrations.
I have more DT work to finish so I will not be resting on my laurels, but it will be nice to have a bit of a lie in like everyone else in the house.
Have a wonderful crafty weekend.
Hugs Kimx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a message, it is always greatly appreciated. I will try and get back to you as soon as possible if you have a query
Hugs Kimx