Followers

Friday 19 December 2014

Countdown to Christmas - Day 19

Evening Everyone.
It's no wonder I'm not getting very far with my Christmas card writing when I keep remembering important things that need to be done first.
Every year my boss asks me to make a card for his eldest daughter Ledshajini.
Now I always mean to be organised and have it made way in advance of the date, but as is always the case the date creeps up on me and before I know it it is the night before it is needed and I am frantically making something ready to give the Boss in the morning.
This year I'm actually glad that I waited because the boss wanted something a little bit different. 'Could we go bigger?'
It is amazing how your creative juices start to flow even as you are serving on the till, I had an idea in mind before I even set foot in my craft room which is most unusual for me lol.
Of course it still involved a sizable amount of play before I was happy with the results, but isn't that what its all about.
I used some letters die cut from kraft card to write her name.
She is always thrilled to receive her card and shows it off to all of her friends as now she has a personalised card something that she was never able to have before I started making them for her Dad.
The background paper is from my Gelli plate stash, and I have stamped and embossed onto it using both clear embossing powder and also ivory Frantage powder.
I found a large flower and added some extra bits and pieces along with die cut leaves.
Perhaps I will get back on track tomorrow, although with teaching in the afternoon and a family gathering in the evening I have serious doubts about that.
Never mind, it wouldn't be a card from me if it was on time now would it lol.
Have a great weekend.
hugs Kimx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a message, it is always greatly appreciated. I will try and get back to you as soon as possible if you have a query
Hugs Kimx