Followers

Wednesday 19 November 2014

Woodware wants 'Speedy Cards for Christmas'

 Hi All
I had another fabulous class last Saturday where we were playing with Pearlex, a favourite of mine with Christmas in mind.
I'm not much of a one for glitter and glitz, but I do like a bit of subtle glimmer and that is certainly what you get with mica powders in all of their various forms.
I took a selection of fabulous Magenta stamp sets so there were plenty of quiet moments in amongst the coffee and cake, while they were all busily colouring their heat embossed images using the Pearlex Watercolour Palettes.
Image stamped and embossed on to Kraft Card and then painted with a combination of dye based ink  and Watercolour Pearlex.
As luck would have it these cards are also perfect for the Woodware challenge which this week is 'Speedy Cards for Christmas'.
 Image stamped and embossed on Kraft Card and then painted with Watercolour Pearlex.
 Purple background card embossed using a folder and then highlighted with Metallic Wax.
 Stamped and embossed on blue card stock and then painted with bleach and Watercolour Pearlex. Background papers from my stash along with a button and some bakers twine.
Siobhan is currently away from her craft room, so I have stepped into the breach.
I do love filling in for Siobhan, but I really will have to get Dorothy to let me know a little sooner next time lol.
Now I know that my cards may not look like the speediest cards on the block but the hardest part was actually deciding which bits of paper and embossing from my bits box to use for each one.
Handmade background paper from my stash, image stamped and embossed on blue card stock and then painted with bleach and watercolour Pearlex. Sentiment from Hobby Art.
Image stamped and embossed on white card stock, painted with dye based ink and Watercolour Pearlex. Dry embossed panel from stash along with tiny gold brads and Hobby Art sentiment.
 Image stamped and embossed onto black card stock painted with Pearlex. Die cut frame, dry embossed and stamped panels from stash. Sentiment by Hobby Art.
Image stamped and embossed on Watercolour card stock and painted with dye based ink. Stamped and gold embossed panel from stash and sentiment from Stampin Up.
I also showed the girls how to use the Dreamweaver Mica Powders with Versamark ink to create stunning stamped backgrounds. The tiny stamped and embossed squares are painted with Watercolour Pearlex.
Don't forget to stop by the Woodware Blog tomorrow to see what else the Team have come up with to inspire your Christmas card making.
I have tried to be a good girl this year and make a few Christmas cards each month. It has certainly helped, but if I get stuck these are a great way to make several cards at one sitting. 
Always check out your bits box, it is amazing what you can find in there that will make a card without too much extra effort. 
Have a great day, happy crafting.
Hugs Kimx

2 comments:

  1. Lovely cards, as ever, Kim.

    I am so behind with my Christmas cards (HOW can it be next month?????) that any inspiration is welcomed with open arms!

    Jackie x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Holy cow Kim, you have been a busy girl! These are all so gorgeous and that Pearlex really adds a beautiful subtle shimmer! Sorry I haven't been to visit in a while, such a hectic time of year for me. My Mom arrives in 3 days, yipes! Hope you are well, big hugs :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a message, it is always greatly appreciated. I will try and get back to you as soon as possible if you have a query
Hugs Kimx