Followers

Saturday 26 July 2014

Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery

Hi Guys
It's my turn to post over on the Hobby Art blog today.
They say that imitation is the sincerest form of flattery, so with that in mind I thought that I would share the card that inspired one of Jenny's demos on her last TV appearance.
The central panel has been created using masking tape to leave a strip down the centre of the white card.
Sponge colour onto the exposed panel being careful not to allow the ink to bleed under the masking tape. Work from the tape towards the middle to ensure that this doesn't happen.
Stamp your images using versafine ink before removing the masking tape and then use clear embossing powder to heat emboss the images. Don't worry too much if the powder sticks to the whole panel as this just adds texture.
Colour your images using distress inks and a waterbrush. If the whole panel has heat embossed then you can colour your images with Copics, Spectrum Noir or Promarkers instead.
I added a stamped and embossed border along the bottom edge of a Kraft card before attaching my white panel. A greeting and some Card Candi and there you have a relatively quick finished card.
Not much crafting for me today. A it is too hot, and B I'm just off to the pub to have dinner and a drink with Becki my youngest daughter. Maybe I will manage to get something done this evening when it has cooled down a little.
Hugs Kimx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a message, it is always greatly appreciated. I will try and get back to you as soon as possible if you have a query
Hugs Kimx