Followers

Monday 19 May 2014

Princess for a day

Evening Everyone,
Well it looks like I can finally ditch the thermal top from under my work shirt!!
I think I might keep it in my bag for a little while...... just in case, as you can tell I'm not very trusting of weather forecasts.
One of my numerous tasks at the weekend, was to finish this card for a friend at work to give to her niece.
She had asked me to use coral and orange on the card so I picked this lovely old LOTV topper and then made a patchwork background using hexagons from my box to match it
I layered it onto a fancy circle die cut using a Grand Nestie.
She calls her niece her little princess so asked me to add that to the card along with her name. Good old peel-off letters and a DooHickey cloud.
The number 1 is a Chippie from Woodware that I have covered with a couple of layers of Frantage powder before stamping into it while it is still hot and molten.
I added faux stitching to all of the patches which finishes things off  even if it does take a little extra time.
I do like this time in the evening when it has been hot. The temperture is just right for me and the smell of the honeysuckle coming in through my window is just wonderful.
Hugs Kimx

1 comment:

  1. Hi kim aww this is adorable and what a sweet card for a 1st birthday! Really cute :)
    Hugs
    Vic x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a message, it is always greatly appreciated. I will try and get back to you as soon as possible if you have a query
Hugs Kimx