Followers

Friday 24 January 2014

Spotlight a Butterfly

Morning Everyone,
Wow it's not often that I can say that in a post is it, but I have to work the late shift today so I thought that I had better get it done before I go to work. I know I should schedule but I always forget to set it up :O)
My card today has been made using a very old stamp, but definitely one that would make it into my top 100. It was made by a company called PSX who now sadly no longer exist, but I still love using it.
I have gone for the 'Spotlight' technique here. I think it always looks good, but it is also one of the 'rescue techniques' should your stamped image not be perfect.
I stamped and embossed the image once onto white card stock, and then again onto a piece of background paper. Anything will do, but it is also a great way of using up some of those 'bits' since you don't need to stamp out the entire image. Here I have used a piece of brayered background created using a Kaleidcolour ink pad. The ovals have been punched from this image and then mounted directly over the original making sure to match the images exactly.
Voila, a badly stamped image salvaged, and no one any the wiser, unless you tell them of course lol.
This technique looks just as good with a patterned background and plain spotlight.
I used the same stamp on the purple background card stamping with Versamark ink.
I do hate doing a late shift (I've done it as a favour for a friend at work) I seem to have spent the morning faffing around not getting anything much done. I really must try and finish something or today will feel like a complete waste.
Hugs to All, and have a great weekend.
Kimx

2 comments:

  1. LOVE this fun technique, Kim! I am totally pinning this! GORGEOUS card--I adore the colors and I can see why that stamp would be on your top 100. :) HUGS! And thank you for the gorgeous Christmas card! I have it up in my crafting kingdom. :) Mynn xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope your shift goes okay Kim. I really like this stamp such s shame it's not made any more. Never used the spotlight technique another one to add to my list of must try thats :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a message, it is always greatly appreciated. I will try and get back to you as soon as possible if you have a query
Hugs Kimx