Followers

Thursday 16 January 2014

Hexagon Patchwork

Hi All,
Have you had a good day. It's still quite wet here, in fact we are on flood alert for the underground river that runs near us. The last time the Bourne River burst it banks was in December 2000 and the main road was closed for over 3 weeks. This is what it looked like outside the garage where I now work, then I worked opposite in the Tyre and Exhaust Fitting Centre (the yellow building half way down on the right.)
Now to get back to crafting. Remember I told you that I had a nice box of punched hexagons, well this is to show you that I do use them!!
I sat the other evening and made two sheets of background paper using hexagons that matched my central panel, and then patchworking them back together.
This is one of the cards that I finished using them.
It was very therapeutic I must say, and a great way of using up those little bits of paper too good to throw away.
The central image is one of my ever expanding collection of Lili of the Valley stamps. And yes Sylvie it is a stamped, embossed and coloured by me image, not a topper lol.
I used Distress Inks to colour the image and added some Glossy Accents to the cup, TV remote and peel-off dots.
The hexagons have all been distressed with a very old pinecone Versacolour cube before they were stuck to a sheet of DSST. I also added some faux stitching to each of them.
I would like to enter this into the following challenges
Lili of the Valley Monthly Challenge - Anything Goes.
Cardz 4 Guyz - Happy Birthday
Off to punch a few more hexagons as my paper box needs a bit of a sort out and there are bound to be a few small bits of paper there that will be perfect for punching.
Have a good evening.
Hugs Kimx

8 comments:

  1. I love your hexagons - now I want to do that with my scraps!

    And OMG - the price of petrol in that picture you linked to...!!!! 62p a litre in 2000. I feel all nostalgic, now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! this is so inventive, fresh and looks terrific. Well done. Your card has an instant appeal, I too love the LOTV stamps. Thanks for sharing with us for our 1st challenge at Cardz4Guyz, we hope to see you back again. Caz

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a clever way to use those scraps up. I'm like you I can't throw even the smallest bits away. The LOTV image is gorgeous. Thanks for joining in with our latest challenge at Cards4Guyz, :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is fabulous Kim, I think I will need to look for one of the hexagon punches now as I do like that effect and it would be so good for all those bits :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the patchwork background - the colours are just perfect for the rustic look!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi, great card, thank you for joining us for our 1st challenge Cardz 4 Guyz. Good luck and we hope to see you soon.

    Hugs Erin DT x

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is such a cute image and your background is fantastic. Thanks for playing along at our first challenge at Cardz 4 Guyz x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow! Your background is amazing, Kim and the whole card is fabulous!

    Thanks for joining our Lili of the Valley 'Anything Goes' challenge!

    Good Luck!

    Hugs

    Erica x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a message, it is always greatly appreciated. I will try and get back to you as soon as possible if you have a query
Hugs Kimx