Followers

Monday 6 January 2014

A new challenge and a new name for Crafty Cardmakers

Hi All,
Well, it's the start of a New Year and the start of a new challenge over at Crafty Cardmakers. And we also have a new name - CRAFTY CARDMAKERS AND MORE to reflect the new challenges that we are going to be having to encourage you to make more than just cards.
Our hostess Feebsy would love to see your creations along the theme of 'Bear With Me', in other words anything with a teddy bear, or more realistic image of a bear as the MAIN focal point of your project. Any sort of bear will be fine, so polar bear, grizzly bear, teddy bear etc., just make sure it is the MAIN focal point.
For my card I chose a Lili of the Valley stamp Patchwork Bunch of Balloons and coloured it using Distress Inks. 
I cut the image out with my guillotine and used an inverted corner punch for a change. I then added some stitching with a fine Black Micron pen. 
The greeting is part of one of the new stamps from the Woodware Spring 2014 catalogue JGS901 Birthday Textbox.
I also added a few gems to the background.
The background papers are from my stash, and are also from Lili of the Valley.
The red dots just screamed out for a bit of glossy accents.
We have a new sponsor this time Flourish with a Bling who are offering a $15 gift voucher.
Don't forget to stop by and see what the rest of the team have been up to.
Happy Crafting and hugs to all. 
Kimx

6 comments:

  1. Lovely, Kim. I especially like how you mixed rectangles when you matted everything. It's a great combination.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just love the image you have used. And the spotty paper is gorgeous. Thanks for the follow. Cxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. What fab colouring Kim and you've mounted the image beautifully. A super card. Xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I never have much luck when painting with my distress inks, may I need to practise more, I love this card

    ReplyDelete
  5. So super cute Kim. I love the image and your colouring as always is amazing. The papers and layout are perfect and I do think I'll have to invest in the greeting stamp you've used, it's lovely.

    Feebsy
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy new year Kim. What a fabulous card, beautifully stamped and your coloring is amazing ! Look forward to working with you again this year at CCM and More

    Marie

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a message, it is always greatly appreciated. I will try and get back to you as soon as possible if you have a query
Hugs Kimx