Followers

Thursday 22 August 2013

It's a Man Thing


Hi All
I can't believe that we are nearly at the end of another week.
I have only just recently become the proud owner of a Gelli Plate, unfortunately still in its box, not unloved just unused due to a lack of available playtime lol.
Prior to its delivery I was trying out a friends queries as to whether you could achieve similar results with the back of cut and dry foam and re-inkers.
My answer to her is that you can definitely create some interesting backgrounds but that it is much messier, although it might just be that I went a little overboard with the amount of ink I used!!
I did get some rather strange looks from people at work the following day when I was serving them.
I don’t know about being green fingered (something I am definitely not when it comes to plants, just ask my Mum), but I was definitely green handed.
August seems to be particularly male heavy on the birthday front and so these pieces of background seemed perfect as the starting point for a few cards.
Now as you know I hate making the same card twice so these are all very slightly different, just using the same basic layout and stamps.
I bought this fabulous stamp set on Saturday at Davina's as it was just perfect for the cards that I had in mind.
The sentiments, were from my bits box, but are all by Hobby Art.
The leaves on the Kraft card stock have been painted with bleach which has darkened the colour not bleached it out for some bizarre reason.
I coloured the leaves on the handmade background panel with a Versamark pen, a really useful addition to your toolkit, and then heat embossed it with clear embossing powder.
The embossing allows the pattern to show up better.
This greeting is part of one of my all time favourite Hobby Art word stamps Birthday Greetings. As you can see it cuts up beautifully so that you can add several lines to a card or just one.
As these will all be going to different parts of the country I don't think that there is any danger of them all being seen together, except here of course, so I feel ok with them all being very similar.
Have a great Bank Holiday weekend. Let's hope that it rained itself out today so that it will be brighter tomorrow. Not that I'm complaining it was actually quite nice to see the rain, although of course I was indoors, I'm sure I would think differently if I had an outside job :O)
Hugs Kimx




1 comment:

  1. Hi Kim, i love the beautiful rich green leaf card. I will be looking out for posts of your newly aquired GelliPlate creations. I am wondering whether to invest in one of those myself or not? it will be interesting to see what you think. Happy playing. Mel x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a message, it is always greatly appreciated. I will try and get back to you as soon as possible if you have a query
Hugs Kimx