Followers

Tuesday 28 May 2013

Magic Backgrounds

Evening Everyone,
I don't know about you guys but it has been pouring with rain here, all day. I'm pleased to see that at least the weather seemed to get it the right way round this time - nice Bank Holiday, rain when everyone is back at work lol.
I even braved getting drowned to pop to the Post Office with my parcel for Barbara.
Why is it that drivers seem to hug the side of the road and head for the large puddles as soon as they see a pedestrian?? There were definitely some expletives filled the air as I got soaked on more than one occasion.
The challenge this week over at Woodware is 'Backgrounds' which put me in mind of this couple of cards that I made last year after the Retailers weekends that I helped with.
We had great fun working with the 'Magic Stamp' (the blue block in the right hand corner) and assorted items, like the pile of buttons.
The background was created by pressing the heated foam block into a pile of buttons while it is still warm.
The block retains the shape of the item that it is pressed onto but can be reheated to remove the image if you don't like it, or get fed up with using it.
It is fabulous stuff. I have a box full of blocks which I would never reheat including 4 that contain the impressions of my Grandchildrens hand and foot prints at only 5 or 6 days old. (You can use both sides of the block so I have a hand on one side and a foot on the other for each child)
What a keepsake!! And it makes fabulous background paper for a baby card, I really must make a card to show you. I will add that to my 'To Do' List.
I used ColorBox pigment ink and glossy card stock for the main panels on both cards and stamped all over the background of the second card without reinking.
Why not give it a try, it is great fun.
Hugs Kimx

2 comments:

  1. WOW, this is amazing! I've never heard of this foam--totally need to get some! Fabulous cards, Kim, and what a beautiful idea for a baby shower! HUGS to you!!! :) Mynn xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds - and looks - so cool!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a message, it is always greatly appreciated. I will try and get back to you as soon as possible if you have a query
Hugs Kimx