Followers

Sunday 5 May 2013

April Showers bring May Flowers

Evening Everyone,
Have you had a good weekend? Isn't it scary to see where this year is disappearing to.
I had all these grand plans to keep on top of everything, and that certainly hasn't happened.
One of the plans that has bitten the dust is to make sure that I have my DT work done in plenty of time. Unfortunately life takes over and with the best of intentions it just doesn't happen.
One such card was this one which was supposed to have been ready last weekend for the challenge over at Crafty Cardmakers.
Tracey has chosen the theme 'April Showers bring May Flowers', and would like to see something rain related  with at least two flowers.
I managed to find a lovely Gorguss Girls decoupage sheet, complete with background paper, among my stash. Who knew that I had that lol.
I cut the image out using a nestie to which I added some Faux Stitching.
The fence is a DooHickey die, and the umbrella is a new Clarity stamp which I also used on the background paper stamping it with Milled Lavender Distress Ink.
The flowers are also Nestabilities dies and the sentiment is from Hobby Art.
I added a little Glossy Accents to the puddle and the rain drops.
I'm really pleased with how it turned out, I just wish I had got it made in time for the challenge.
There is still time to enter so why not pop over and check it out HERE.
I would also like to enter it into the challenge at Wags and Whiskers where they are looking for Girly Birthdays, and Forever Friends Monthly Challenge where Anything Goes.
The kids are looking forward to another day off tomorrow. I on the other hand will be at work as normal. It is bound to be busy as well, it always is on a Bank Holiday.
Have a good one.
Hugs Kimx

7 comments:

  1. fabby birthday card
    Hugs
    Doreen xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, this is such a lovely card! I love Totally gorjuss!
    X - Natalie - X

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, this is such a lovely card! I love totally gorjuss.
    Thanks for joining us at Forever friends this month!
    X - Natalie - X

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow,this is lovely. Gorjuss images are just wonderful.

    Great embellishments.

    Thanks for joining us at Forever Friends this month.

    Traceyxxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a lovely card, such a pretty colour combination.
    Thank you for joining us at Forever Friends this month.
    Pauline
    x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Simply stunning!
    Thank you for joining us at the Wags'n Whiskers challenge. Hope to see you again soon!
    Hugs,
    Tamara DT

    ReplyDelete
  7. Adorable card! Love the design and image. Thanks so much for sharing with us at Wags n Whiskers. Hope you have a great day!

    - Jenn DT

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a message, it is always greatly appreciated. I will try and get back to you as soon as possible if you have a query
Hugs Kimx