Followers

Saturday 25 May 2013

A good use for a Peel-off

Evening Everyone
Are you having a good weekend?
We had another fabulous class at Davina's, and more cake, at this rate I will be the size of a house very soon lol.
We have spent the afternoon opening the doors to cool us down and then closing them again to stop the Gold Leaf flying all over the place.
The Girls did a fabulous job with their tags. Why is it that you always like the colours that other people pick better than the ones you have chosen yourself.
As well as this fabulous Stampendous Tree Poem stamp and Sticky Embossing Powder I also showed them how to use Acetate, Double-sided Sticky sheets and Pearlex as shown on TV by Barbara. Well at least my version of it anyway.
The card on the left uses an image stamped straight onto the double sided sticker sheet as per Barbara, and the card on the right is my simplified version using a peel off.
Unfortunately my sticker sheets are old and quite thin so they screwed up slightly when I added the acetate, still it added texture so all is not lost.
This version with the peel off did call for some extra sticker paper to attach the acetate to the card but it allowed me to use up all those tiny dust like particles of Gold Leaf that seem to end up at the bottom of the box and all over the table.
Once again I have been a good girl and finished off all the bits and pieces once I got home, including a couple of pieces that have lain in my Gold Leaf teaching folder for years.
The only trouble is that it has put me even further behind with my samples for Barbara, I really must get on with them tomorrow if I am to get anything done.
Better get some sleep.
Hugs Kimx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a message, it is always greatly appreciated. I will try and get back to you as soon as possible if you have a query
Hugs Kimx