Followers

Friday 8 March 2013

A Birthday Mini

Evening Everyone,
Well so much for some sunshine to cheer everyone up, it has been pouring with rain here, all day!!
At least the shop has looked beautifully spring like since it is filled with flowers for Mother's Day.
I have to admit that it has caught me out this year, I thought it was next weekend, but I have been a good girl and got my card in the post so maybe Mum will get it tomorrow. That would be a first, a card that is early lol.
One of the customers at work asked me to make a card for her Hubby who is heavily in to Mini cars.
I did struggle to find anything at the show last week, and then I remembered one of my LOTV toppers.
I made my card using the sketch over at Sketch Saturday, although once again I am too late to enter the challenge.
The sentiments in the background are from a Woodware stamp designed by Jane Gill, and have been stamped and embossed onto paper from a GCD 8x8 pad using Smokey Grey Versafine ink pad and clear embossing powder.
The black card stock on the left has been embossed and then sanded using a Tim Holtz Cogs and Wheels folder, and the silver card has been embossed using a folder that reminds me of a manhole cover.
I added a sentiment, part of a Hobby Art stamp, and some brads that look like the heads of screws, as well as glossy accents and faux stitching.
Let's hope the weather at the weekend is better, although I suspect that is a vain hope.
Have a great one anyway.
hugs Kimx

1 comment:

  1. What a cute image - love how you've grunged it up with the metallic background and cool brads!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a message, it is always greatly appreciated. I will try and get back to you as soon as possible if you have a query
Hugs Kimx