Followers

Friday 8 June 2012

An Explanation on foliage!!

Evening Everyone,
Well, two posts in one day, I haven't done that in a long time lol.
In my haste to get my card ready for the scheduled Woodware post yesterday , I didn't leave myself time to explain how the background was created.
Just in case you have hopped over here in anticipation of an explanation, since Dorothy at Woodware has been pointed people to my blog for details, I thought that I had better not disappoint.
The panel on this card has been made using the same technique as the card for the Woodware challenge.
First I stamped and embossed some leaves onto white card stock using versamark and white embossing powder.
Next I stamped the leaves again repeatedly onto the same piece of card stock using a dye based ink pad (I used Kaliedacolor Creole Spice). Now apply plenty of water either with a large brush or a water spray. The water will make the colours bleed and the image loose it's definition. Don't panic.
Dry the panel with a heat gun and when completely dry stamp again using the same ink pad. This time cover with clear embossing powder. Because I used a dye based ink it will dry quite quickly resulting in a very patchy embossed finish. I personally like this look.
The white embossing acts as a resist to some of the images and because of the repeated use of heat the embossing powder can start to soak into the card resulting in a rather skeletal look to some of the leaves.
On this card I tapped around the edge of the panel with a versamrk ink pad and added some Frantage Aged Gold Embossing Enamel.
I kept the card fairly simple so as not to detract from the stamped panel.
I hope that my instructions have not left you sitting with your head in your hands wondering what on earth I am talking about lol.
Really must get some sleep now, I can't believe how long it takes to write a post. No wonder I never get the chance to do any commenting for which I humbly apologise to All.
Have a great weekend.
Hugs
Kimx

1 comment:

  1. Thank you so much for the instructions! I must give this a go.

    I have made an embossed and sponged card following the instructions in your rubber stamping book for a DT that I'm on (due Sunday). I hope that's ok? It's not a copy of any of your work! And of course I'll acknowledge you as the the source!

    I just thought I should ask!

    love Mags B x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a message, it is always greatly appreciated. I will try and get back to you as soon as possible if you have a query
Hugs Kimx