Followers

Sunday 18 March 2012

Woodware Challenge - Colours of Spring

Good Morning Everyone,
I'm back again today with my latest card for the Woodware Challenge, where they are asking you for the 'Colours of Spring.
This should have gone live very early this morning, but the Internet crashed as I was writing it, and so now I have had to wait until everyone has resurfaced before I can get on any further.
I really must get a little more organised and then I could schedule it without panicking, still never mind, maybe one day lol.
This week they are asking for The Colours of Spring.
I have used FRS216 Field of Tulips.
It is a lovely big stamp which would work very well with paper piecing, but that's another card :)
I have stamped and embossed it onto a piece of Faux Mother of Pearl background and then coloured it with dye based inks.
I coloured the clouds, and also added some tiny dots with a white Gelly Roll Glaze pen.
Get Well Soon comes from another Woodware set FRCL198 Sail Away, but I think this card would work well for any occasion.
The background papers are all from the shelves at SirStampalot where I am staying for another week.
Of course there had to be some ribbon and Faux Card Candy.
I left the real thing at home so I improvised with a small circle punch and some of the background paper scraps.
I hope that this has inspired you and that you will join us this week with your take on The Colours of Spring.
Off to the shop now to get ready for my class.
Have a great Day.
Happy Stamping.
Kimx

3 comments:

  1. Hi Kim,
    Love the card you have nailed the spring colour theme to a tee.
    Hope you have a fab mothers day:)
    Hugs
    Mandy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Kim,
    This is another lovley card, I love everything that you do, and that is why I always try and come to all your classes. One of which was today, we all enjoyed our day making stationary holders, every one different, learning from one another, meeting new friends. But mainly having a wonderful tutor that shares her talent freely with her students Thank you Kim on behalf of all of us.
    With love Cherylxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Cheryl, I'm glad that you all enjoyed yourselves. The boxes all looked stunning. I intend posting pictures tomorrow if I manage to get my box finished.
    Look forward to seeing you again on Tuesday.
    By the way thanks for the cake but you should really have taken it home I will be the size of a house by the end of the week lol.
    hugs Kimx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a message, it is always greatly appreciated. I will try and get back to you as soon as possible if you have a query
Hugs Kimx