Followers

Tuesday 6 March 2012

Sunflowers for Ruth

Evening Everyone
One of the great things about being asked to make a card with a specific theme is that it gives you the excuse to look through all those stamps that you have stashed away.
It also enables you to use something no matter how old or possibly discontinued it might be.
This card was made using a couple of very old Penny Black stamps.
Having sat down to write this I've realised that I have carefully put the stamps away without getting the details. Sorry folks but I am not going to get all the stamps down off the shelf to find the info even if I do need the exercise lol.
I  stamped and embossed the Tall Sunflower panel onto watercolour card and coloured it using distress inks.
Cut closely round the image and then mount onto black glossy card stock, and white card.
The border punch is a Martha Stewart and the checkered paper is from my stash.
The blue card has been stamped and embossed using a second Sunflower stamp, I didn't realise that I owned so many lol. I then painted the flowers with cheap thin bleach.
The greeting  has been created using a couple of clear stamp sets and then cut out using a nestie.
The individual flowers have been cut out from a second stamping of the tall sunflower panel and of course the swirl is a DooHickey.
I also added some tiny yellow crystals.
Sorry for the lack of info on all of the stamps used but I need to get some sleep rather than trying to find them on line. They really are so old that I suspect they have long since been discontinued, but I am happy to be proved wrong.
This is the first of three cards that I have had to make recently, so watch this space as they say.
Off to bed now, nite, nite.
hugs Kimx

2 comments:

  1. Hi Kim, Love this fabulous card, what amazing stamping and so beautifully crafted, the layout and design is sensational what a talented lady you are.

    Marie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely card - I do like Sunflowers, even though my brother thinks they are "sinister"! Lord knows why.

    I can rarely give the names of stamps that I use on my cards because until recently I never made a note of it, or kept them in the original packaging. Oops...

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a message, it is always greatly appreciated. I will try and get back to you as soon as possible if you have a query
Hugs Kimx