Followers

Saturday 17 March 2012

Flower Labels with lemon juice

Evening Everyone
I hope that you have had a good start to your weekend.
It has been pretty wet in Peterborough, at least on and off, but I have still had a lovely day demoing here at SirStampalot.
Lots of lovely people have stopped in, including the sister of one my customers from the BP garage down in Surrey, it's a small world isn't it!!
This is the card that I made yesterday when I forgot to bring my camera home. It uses the lemon juice background technique that I have been showing people today.
I cut a lemon in half and tapped it onto white card stock which I then heated. The more lemon juice there is on the card the longer it will take to 'cook' and the darker it will turn, so you can control the colour to a certain degree.
Once the lemon juice has been heated I stamped and embossed Hero Arts K5583 Flower Label on to the card before sponging over the entire thing with Distress inks.
Best Wishes is taken from a Hobby Art clear set  which has been stamped and embossed into the label area of a second stamped image. This has been cut out and attached to the original panel using silicon to give it a padded effect.
The background papers used on the card are EB104 Okey Dokey Artichokey from Paper Loft and P442 Elm Point from Kaisercraft.
The border punch is by EK Succsess, and I added some stitching with a fine pen and faux card candy made from the left over lemon juice background.
I will be sharing this technique with the ladies in my class on Tuesday evening.
I must finish now as I still have my post to write for the next challenge over at Woodware. Perhaps you will stop by tomorrow and see what I have made.
hugs Kimx

5 comments:

  1. This is gorgeous Kim, a fabulous effect, must give it a try.

    Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  2. what an interesting technique and a wonderful finished card.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Whatever next !!! Lemon juice unbelievable. Gorgeous card Kim beautiful stamping and colours and such a gorgeous scene love it !

    Marie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow Kim what an absolute stunner!! Lemon Juice eh, must remember it's not just for pancakes and Lemon Meringue pie!

    Lin xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stunning card Kim. I love it! Janice at Sir Stampalot gave me a link to it when I emailed to thank her for safe and quick delivery of my order. I think this will be a very useful stamp.

    Kat x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a message, it is always greatly appreciated. I will try and get back to you as soon as possible if you have a query
Hugs Kimx