Followers

Tuesday 6 September 2011

Happy Birthday Finches All xx

Evening Everyone
August and September are really busy months for my Brother when it comes to birthdays, so my Sister-in-law held a joint party for them all on Sunday.
I suspect that it was probably the only way that she could get my Brother to have a party to celebrate his 50th, if it was combined with my Mum, his 2 daughters, his son and his wife!!
My brothers birthday was all the more important to celebrate this year quite apart from it being the mile stone half century since he was diagnosed with throat cancer in February.
He opted for a complete laryngectomy and follow up radiotherapy, but fingers crossed is doing very well. He has had a scan now that his treatment is finished and although we need the radiologist to look at it, his consultant says it looks clear.
The card that I gave Ross was actually made quite some time ago, but has always been amongst my all time favourites.
The zebra was stamped and embossed onto a piece of background made using Adirondack colour wash inks. I painted the stripes with bleach which have turned them a beautiful orange colour. Not very zebra like perhaps but cool all the same :)
I trimmed the image and mounted it onto white before attaching it to a green card.
The greeting is by Paper Inspirations and the Zebra stamp is by Stamps Happen. I'm not sure if you can still get hold of either of them any more I'm afraid.
I added a large bead and some threads.
If you like this card you might like to check out the other one that I made using the same stamp. HERE.
I really must get back to some crafting now as I have some really tight deadlines.
Thanks for stopping by, please don't forget to leave a comment it's always so nice to hear what people think.
Love and hugs
Kimx

1 comment:

  1. It's a gorgeous card Kim, I'm sure your brother loved it. I'm pleased to hear he is doing well. Jo x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a message, it is always greatly appreciated. I will try and get back to you as soon as possible if you have a query
Hugs Kimx