Followers

Sunday 31 July 2011

Woodware USA challenge - Stamp that Background

Evening Everyone,
I didn't manage to get much done in the way of crafting last week what with the funeral on Tuesday, sample deliveries and teaching on Wednesday, my Mum paying an unexpected but none the less welcome visit on Thursday and a hair appointment on Friday.
Fortunately the weekend has proved to be far more productive and I have managed to get all my samples finished for Barbara as well as several Birthday cards.
Whilst I have a drawer full of cards, I have very few made for little people. This next week I have several Birthdays that require cards for small boys so I have had to start from scratch.
I am entering this card in to the challenge over at Woodware USA where they are asking you to use your stamps to create a background.
I have used a lovely set designed by Francoise Read called Groovy Cats FRCL124.
The background panel has been created using the fish bone stamped and embossed in black. I have then sponged the panel with distress ink and then bleached out the bones. 
I have also stamped and embossed the mice to form a border down the right hand side of the card.
I have used some background paper from my stash and my nestie to create the oval for the cat to sit on. The ball of wool contains a peel-off number.
I'm pleased with how it has turned out, I hope that you like it too.
Better go now, very late again.
Thanks for stopping by.
Love Kimx

2 comments:

  1. It's smashing Kim. And I'm not normally a cat person. I love the bones and the mice. If I was the judge - you'd get first prize. Which lucky child is getting this card?

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely card! you have made really good use of the small stamps for the background. Well done!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a message, it is always greatly appreciated. I will try and get back to you as soon as possible if you have a query
Hugs Kimx