Followers

Friday 25 February 2011

The power of positive thinking.....

Evening Everyone
I've had a lovely first day at the Farnborough Show working for Lavender Lane. It's always a little hectic getting set up for a workshop and a demo - have I remembered everything!!!!!  And then there is that hour before the class starts where you can't really settle into doing anything. I just wandered around the stalls contemplating my next purchases, very dangerous lol.
This is a card that I made for the 'Acetate and Inks' class at Lavender Lane last Saturday. It uses my favourite Hobby Art - Anna's collection Just for You which I am also using on my workshops at Farnborough.
The workshop is actually 'Black and White with a hint of colour' but as the samples didn't get finished till 11.30pm yesterday evening you will forgive me if I don't have any piccies as yet.
 
The images have been stamped onto acetate and then the textured background has been made with Glossy Accents, dye based ink and crumpled copy paper. Once it is completely dry I have cut a shape using one of my Nesties. The green background paper has been stamped in each corner with brown versafine ink, as have the cream circles. The finishing touches are gold card stock and a border drawn with a fine black pen.
I am once again staying at 'Chez Till' where Chef Mike cooked lamb for dinner, my favourite :)
I am always made to feel so welcome, even though I'm sure I must put them out - prepping classes into the wee small hours doesn't exactly endear you to people although they never make me feel that it is a problem. Let's hope they don't talk about me too much when I leave!!!
Gill will be visiting the show tomorrow with a friend. We got her a ticket last year for the Sunday as a way of saying Thank You. Of course that day was cancelled due to the high winds so she is taking no chances this time lol.
So I have to say that my week has definitely finished in a better manner than it began.
Last Wednesday has got to count as one of the longest of my life as I waited for news on a close relative undergoing major surgery. I have never known a morning to drag so. 6 hours seemed like an eternity.
Everything has gone well so I am certainly feeling a little more relaxed now than I was a few days ago.
I'm afraid that I'm not at all religious but I do believe in the power of positive thinking and it seems to have worked it's magic on this occasion, thank goodness.
I'd better get some shut eye now as I have to do this all over again tomorrow - it's never as bad the second day.
Pop over and say Hi if you are at the show I would love to see you.
Have a great weekend.
Love and hugs to All
Kimx

5 comments:

  1. I shall pop over and buy you coffee too! You are an excellent house guest. I'm sure I helped in the preparation of the dinner somehow! Oh yes, I set the table. Thanks for the lovely daffodils. x x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kim

    This is gorgeous! I love the stunning pink background, it is just sumptious!
    This is such a beautiful set of stamps, I love them.
    Coming to Farnborough on Sunday so the wind doesn't get up or I am going to be so sad!

    Hope to see you there.

    Take care

    Debs x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Kim,
    Love the backround, yet another please show me how to when you next make it to SS, which is hopefully soon :)
    Hugs
    Mandy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Can do Mandy, will be at Sir Stamp towards the end of March.
    It was lovely to see you at Farnborough Debs, thanks for saying Hi.
    Your house guest says thank you Gill, I had a wonderful stay. Thanks to the chef too.
    Love to all
    Kimx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Kim
    Thank you! It was so great to see you too! Just loved the cards you had, as always they are all just beautiful!
    Hope you had a great three days there, I bet you are worn out and need a well deserved rest!
    Take care of yourself and hope to see you again soon. Also hope the Eternal Maker in Chichester books you in the near future!

    Take care
    Hugs
    Debs xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a message, it is always greatly appreciated. I will try and get back to you as soon as possible if you have a query
Hugs Kimx