Followers

Saturday 4 September 2010

Thank you for all your kind thoughts.

Afternoon Everyone.
Firstly I just wanted to say thank you to everyone who left messages for me on my last post, 'Inspired by a Poem.'
This last week has been unbelievably hard, not easier as you might have expected. Anyway Thank you again for all the lovely thoughts.
That, as you may understand is why I have been absent from blogland for the last couple of days.
However life must go on and so I thought it was time to share some more cards with you.
These were made for Barbara's TV show in August and so as she is on the box again tomorrow with a new show it seems the perfect opportunity to share them with you. (Create and Craft channel 671 Sunday at 11am. Repeated at 10pm and 5am Monday 6th Sept)
With this first card I have stamped and embossed the church window onto watercolour card and then painted it with my kaleidacolor ink pad Creole Spice. This is my favourite kaleidacolor pad.
I stamped the verse sideways on a piece of Bazzill card stock. The edges of all the panels have been distressed with ink and then a stitched border has been drawn on using a fine Zig Millennium pen.
The second card uses the same two stamps but this time I have stamped the verse repeatedly down the right hand side of my main card.
The Shepherd Window has been stamped and embossed onto cream card and then ink has been sponged around the edges of the trimmed window. The shepherds and star have been painted afterwards.
A peel-off border completes the card.
I am entering this into the challenge over at Paper Sundaes where it is Christmas in August.
Hope you are having a great weekend. I really must get back to some crafting as I have got really behind with everything again.
Thanks for stopping by.
Love and hugs
Kimx

2 comments:

  1. Hi Kim,
    As always I am so impressed with how many different styles of card you can make with one stamp, I watched Babaras' show this morning and spotted a few of your cards:)
    I laughed when you mentioned you had taken Mummy Edwin home, I had a feeling you would cave, I could see that gotta have it glint in your eye when we talked about it.
    XX
    Hugs
    Mandy

    ReplyDelete
  2. When will I learn I have to set up the TV show twice - once for each hour? So, I have only half the show. Loving the Shepherds and the garden foliage!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a message, it is always greatly appreciated. I will try and get back to you as soon as possible if you have a query
Hugs Kimx