Followers

Sunday 8 August 2010

Distressed Flowers

Afternoon All
Well I've been a very busy bunny all day, so I figured that I would have a break for a cuppa and post a couple of pictures before I put my nose to the wheel again.
Besides if I leave the post any later I will miss the deadline for one of the challenges, if  I haven't already lol.
It was my Brother-in-law Alistair's birthday on Thursday. Yes I know the card is going to be late, but as he is on holiday abroad at the moment, I might just get away with it lol.
I have made his card using a fabulous sketch over at Inspirational Card Sketches, but I have also decided to enter it into the challenge at Cupcake Craft where the order of the day is Distressing.
The floral panels on the card have been created using my favourite Distress ink pads, and then I have roughed up the edges with my scissors, so lets hope it fits the challenge on both counts :)
The stamps used are Penny Black 3939K Queen Anne's Lace,  one of my favourites as you know, and a line from another of my favourites Hobby Art Birthday Greeting GR1455G. This stamp is just so useful as you can cut off just one line from it to use on a card, as I have here or use the entire thing for a background.
Better get back to my desk again while I still feel full of inspiration.
Will post again later. Thanks for stopping by.
Love and hugs
Kimx

6 comments:

  1. A gorgeous card and great distressing. Thanks for joining us at CCC.

    Liza x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice Kim. Can I do that? LOL x x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the flowers, and all the distressing. A lovely take on this week's sketch! Thanks for playing with us at ICS this week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love how you have used the distress inks on this card. I am sure you will get away with it be a bit late. Thank you for joining us at ICS this week. Hugs Nicola xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is beautiful, than you for joining us at ICS!

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW it's stunning. Beautiful job well done. Thanks for joining us over at ICS. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a message, it is always greatly appreciated. I will try and get back to you as soon as possible if you have a query
Hugs Kimx