Followers

Monday 2 August 2010

Baby Congrats

Evening Everyone
Just a really quick post, I am likely to fall asleep as I write this - well it is Monday and the late nights at the weekend always catch up on me today.
I have had two requests for cards today - typical men, they both need them immediately!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I'm sure that they don't have the slightest idea of what goes in to making a card.
Anyway, I looked through my 3 drawers of cards that I have already made and managed to sort out the Birthday card, but the Congratulations card was made from scratch.
I used my trusty Tilda stamp, and as my friend wanted his Grandsons name on the card I just had to use my alphabet set and shrink plastic.
I've coloured in the image with Distress inks and I have also used them to soften the edges of all the panels.
Another of my fave stamps at the moment is the small Tilda swirl which I have stamped down the right hand side of the plain blue panel using a Whisper White Stampin Up ink pad.
This pad is just brill - thanks Shaz for recommending it to me.
I've added buttons, pearls and ribbon from my stash and the New Baby greeting cut out with a nestie. There is also a hint of Stardust pen on the Dummy and star, which actually just about shows up in the photo.
Must close now. I've suddenly remembered that I need to do the insert for the card and Kevin needs it tomorrow am - no rest for the wicked lol.
Nite nite.
Love Kimx

2 comments:

  1. I hope the recipient appreciates all the work you've done for the card!

    luv, Mags x

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a smasher Kim. Nice one. x x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a message, it is always greatly appreciated. I will try and get back to you as soon as possible if you have a query
Hugs Kimx