Followers

Sunday 7 March 2010

New Clarity TV Show

Hi everyone, thanks for dropping in.
As promised, if a little later than I had planned, are the first round of samples from the latest Clarity show on Create and Craft. As I said before I did get a little carried away, not hard when you have such lovely stamps to work with.I never know quite which cards to show you first, so I thought that I would start with one of my favourites. What a surprise, this one has lots of handmade flowers on it.
After painting the image with a wash of colour I have used bleach to paint over the face. This takes out most of the colour as I have used a dye based ink, but leaves a lovely watermarked look.
The second card has also been coloured with dye based inks and then layered over a panel of handmade background paper.
I have highlighted the hair with some mica based paint.
I'm afraid that the photography on the final card does not show it at its best. I have painted it with metallic pearlex, mainly silver.
I suddenly remembered that I hadn't taken any pictures of the cards as I was about to hand them over to Barbara (We invited ourselves for coffee again - hot cross buns this time) so I had to take some quick photos on her cutting and packing table.
The punched panel on this card is actually Mirri card, so I had to change the angle that I photographed it at or else you could see me taking the picture reflected in the card lol.
Hope you enjoyed the show, I had it on in the background while I was working on Jenny's samples for Thursday, but I do admit to having the sound turned off as the presenters drive me nuts.
I don't know how Barbara and Jenny do it. I just keep yelling at the TV to tell the presenter to shut up and let the girls get on with the demos so how they keep from yelling at them I don't know.
Anyway, will share some more cards tomorrow.
Hope you have had a great weekend.
Love Kimx

2 comments:

  1. Lovely cards Kim, I especially love the first one, very pretty
    Hugs Fleur xXx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, a real change to your floral themed cards. We can't yet receive 'Create and Craft' TV. If I remember I sometimes manage to catch some of it via the Internet.

    Hugs,

    Pauline x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a message, it is always greatly appreciated. I will try and get back to you as soon as possible if you have a query
Hugs Kimx