Followers

Sunday 28 February 2010

Weather 1 - Crafters 0

Hello Everyone
Well I'm afraid the weather well and truly won this weekend as the final day of the Farnborough Show was cancelled.
I have to say that if the winds lived up to their predicted speeds today I am very glad that we weren't there as Friday was quite scary enough for me!!
It is such a shame though for all those crafters who were eagerly anticipating their crafting fix. I hope not too many people turned up. We all tried to let as many as possible know that it had been cancelled - text messages were flying around yesterday as people were letting their friends know, but there is always someone that turns up unexpectedly, so I do hope there weren't too many of those.
I know that there was at least one very disappointed person, my friend Gill who had put up with me for a few days on the strength of a trip to the show on Sunday. I did try to take her home some goodies to say thank you, but it's just not the same.As a small consolation prize to her I thought I would show you the cards that she made on Friday night while I was frantically cutting shapes for the workshops. I think you will agree that the cards are fabulous. It's always nice to see someone enjoy the technique that you have taught them, and they always seems to manage to come up with such different colour combinations to mine. I tend to stick with safe and am always jealous of people who seem to combine colours that I hadn't even considered, so well done Gill they are truly lovely.
Saturdays workshop went well, and as I ended up with a full class of 20 I am very glad that I took the time to prep all those extra stamped images. Everyone made three cards and there were some lovely comments made about the workshop so I think all the hard work was worth it. The show seemed very busy, although obviously never having been there before I had nothing to gauge it against, except other stall holders comments of course. So it was doubly disappointing to find that Sunday was cancelled although I must admit that I didn't miss having to get up at some ungodly hour in the morning.
I seemed to have made at least one other friend at the show, one of the car park attendants who asked if I would make him an anniversary card for his wife. What a nice guy. They entered into an arranged marriage ten months ago and always celebrate every month. So this is the card that I made for him. He had watched me demo on the stand the bleaching technique that I had taught in the class, so I sent him off to scrounge me up an envelope and some paper for the insert and with bits and pieces off the stand I think he liked the results.
I have finally finished putting everything away after the show - including all my new goodies, so I will have to get on with finishing the rest of the cards for Barbara's next TV show. No rest for the wicked is there so I guess I must have been really bad. I do hope I had fun lol.
Hope you all have all had a good weekend.
Love Kimx

2 comments:

  1. What a lovely surprise! Thank you Kim for displaying my cards. What a crafty crafter you are!! It was lovely having you stay with us and I got you to myself for our crafting evening. Thank you for inspiring me and for all my gifts. I hope you continue to eat three healthy meals a day, now you are out of my control! Love Gill, Mike & Taffy x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hiya Kim,

    sounds like you've been having all the fun - late night preps, missing plug sockets, dicky doors, windy demos and cancelled show days. But at least your cards never fail to inspire us all. well done. and well done for keeping on top of blogging - 'bout time i sorted out another post - horrible admin jobs to do first though....
    take care
    - janicex

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a message, it is always greatly appreciated. I will try and get back to you as soon as possible if you have a query
Hugs Kimx