Followers

Monday 8 February 2010

Thank you Brenda

Well did you survive Monday? I did just about.
What is it with Mondays, why are they such hard work? Everyone seems to think so. Maybe it's because I finally get the chance for a bit of a lie in at the weekend and then I'm in creative over drive by Sunday evening and find myself working until far too late in the evening, given that I have to get up at 5am!!
Anyway, whinge over, on with some cards.
On Saturday I am teaching at Lavender Lane, in Stonely Broadway (near Epsom).She does get around a bit, I hear you say.
Anyway one of my classes is on punched flowers and was inspired by the fabulous creations that I saw at Sir Stampalot before Christmas. The flowers that the girls had created were truly stunning
So thank you Brenda for showing me how to make roses on the day and then posting a very easy to follow tutorial. (Check it out on her blog - Floral Fantasies. Sorry haven't quite mastered adding links in when I post but she is one of the blogs that I follow so you should be able to click on that. One Day I will get better at this!!)
Louise had also made some fantastic flowers, which she also showed me how to make. Unfortunately she doesn't have a tutorial, and I'm afraid try as I might I just couldn't remember what to do, so the rest of the flowers that I will be teaching are my spin on punched flowers with tips picked up from all over the place. I will have to get Louise to teach me again when I come up to Peterboro in March.
I'm afraid the photos possibly don't show the flowers off to full advantage, but I hope you get the idea.
The little roses were quite fiddly to make, but actually became quite addictive. I can see flowers appearing all over the place.
It is actually amazing how different background papers can become with the addition of a little ink and some embossing powder. It also makes the roses really quite sturdy, although they will have to be hand delivered cards, as they will cost me a fortune to post!!
Must close now, dinner awaits.
Love Kimx

4 comments:

  1. Beautiful card, Kim, and the flowers are gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful, elegant card.
    luv
    debby

    ReplyDelete
  3. A very beautiful card kim,those flowers are stunning.
    love chris xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kim, this is simply stunning, it very elegant.
    Hugs Fleur xXx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a message, it is always greatly appreciated. I will try and get back to you as soon as possible if you have a query
Hugs Kimx